Friday, June 20, 2014

Dress for a Wedding

My cousin Amanda married the love of her life Nick,  a couple of weeks ago. I was so excited to go to the wedding that I decided I must make the perfect dress for the occasion. All well and good until my schedule got a little busy. I was sewing this thing up until the night before. However I am quite happy with the results,  especially once I go back and redo the hand stitching of the lining to the zipper! It is tough to hand sew in a hurry! 
I made option D. You should know that you still have to do 4+ darts on the inside layer. I guess it makes the bodice look better somehow. 
I made a muslin of the bodice and the size 14 fit pretty well so I didn't make any changes. The only real issue I had was figuring out the seams at the shoulder. I think there could be a misprint in the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment