Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 6th, 2014 Poolside Tote


I just finished the Poolside Tote by Anna of Noodlehead. As a member of the Bag of the Month club I have been eagerly awaiting each new pattern. This month was at first glance a simple tote. I have so many totes. Then I made it and wow, she never fails to impress. 

This tote is the ultimate tote for the pool or more likely around here, the beach. I made it with more rescued fabric (a sturdy nylon) from FabMo and an up-cycled shower curtain from the Ikea as-is section.  I did interface the nylon lining just to make it stand up a little better. The blue fabric was from my stash that I've had for ages. 

I've really learned so much from each bag this year. This one has this facing you can see on the lining. I've never worked with this method and it worked out nicely. I think it adds a nice touch to the normally plain lining insertion method. 

Now it is such a nice day, so I will get off the computer and go to the beach! 

2 comments:

  1. Saw this in the flickr group - I love the water color fabric you used for the lining! It just makes the bag so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara. You might be my first blog visitor and my first comment. Thank you! I feel like restaurants must do when they frame their first dollar. ;)

    ReplyDelete