Saturday, May 24, 2014

Leather Bag for Megan Christmas 2013

Success! My little sister has always been the fashionista of the family and also the most picky about things. So when she asked me to make her a bag, I was happy but a little nervous. She and I were down in LA last summer and I made her go to the fabric district with me. I made her go to Mood Fabrics with me! And she spent more money than me! She bought a beautiful piece of buttery leather and asked me to make her a purse with it.  

I searched all over the internet looking for a suitable tutorial or bag pattern but there is not much out there. I found lots of unappealing hand stitched leather western ware bags.  I did browse Etsy for ideas and proof that a cute leather purse could be handmade. One seller was very friendly and though she wouldn't sell me a pattern, she did give me some great encouragement. 

 I was so happy when I finished it that I forgot to take photos. These are Megan's pictures months later.


No comments:

Post a Comment