Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sewing Indie Month

Sewing Indie Month
While browsing some of my favorite talented web blogger/sewing sites this month, I stumpled upon the "Sewing Indie Month."  I thought it would be fun to try something new and great and a little challenging. Then this May became one of the busiest months I've had in a long time. Busy good, but lots and lots of work trips. So here we are on the last possible day and I'm finally making something! 

A couple years ago a friend bought me these really comfortable pajamas in a bamboo jersey. I've wanted to make something from that material ever since. On a rare day off I bought this beautiful and soft jersey from Harts, (bamboo jersey link) my local fabric shop. This is what I created. 

I had some issues with gaping at the shoulders. I made two versions and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have been tempted to buy a coverstitch machine but I'm not sure it would work better here or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment